Rabbits make wonderful companions for the right people
- Are you patient?
- Have a sense of humor?
- Do you enjoy watching the movements and learning the language of another species?
- Does your schedule include plenty of time at home?
- Are you comfortable spending a lot of time on the floor?
- Are you not overly fussy with your furniture?
- Rabbits can easily be litterbox trained.
- They can live to be 8-12 years old, sometimes longer.
- Rabbits are inquisitive, sociable animals.
- They make wonderful indoor companions.
- Rabbits can “tooth purr” when contented.
- Like cats and dogs, rabbits need to be spayed or neutered to improve health and behavior.
- Most rabbits do not like to be held. They prefer to sit beside you for petting and to interact on the floor.
- Rabbits like to play with toys, such as cardboard boxes, wire cat balls, hard plastic baby keys, untreated willow baskets.
- Rabbits need to have things of their own to chew on (or they might nibble your stuff).
- Rabbits need to be protected from predators, poisons, temperature extremes, electrical cords, and rough handling.
If you think you would be the right person for a rabbit, there are many rescued rabbits available for adoption throughout San Diego County. All have been spayed/neutered and are used to using a litter box. Visit our Adoptable Rabbits to see rabbits currently available for adoption. Email us at Nancy@luckybunnyrescue.org. We can help match you with the right bunny.